Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Meet Paul

Meet Mukisa Paul.  He joined the home officially when we moved at the end of August.  He had been staying with us for a few weeks before we moved, but we were trying to figure out what to do with him.  We aren’t financially in a place to take on another boy, so we were trying to make contact with his family. 

He came to know us because one of our boys found him sleeping outside in a ditch.  He befriended him and when he left the home for a while, the boy started staying with him.  Our boy was helping a lady in the same community, I hope you remember me telling you about him, but if not go back to here.  When he decided to come back to us, the lady kicked the other boy out too. 

We made contact with Paul’s brother, who lived in the same community, but he had no desire or means to take care of his younger brother.  Paul was staying with his grandma, but when she died, he had no one else to take care of him except his brother.  When his brother failed, he had no one and started sleeping outside.

I had a decision to make, and I decided that God would show up for us once again.  I chose to not make a street kid, but instead, spare a really great boy the pain of enduring street life.  So now, Paul is at home with us and his infectious laugh and adorable smile brighten my day.  He is shy, but fits in with these boys and has quickly become a brother.  He is helpful and grateful, and easy to have around.  He has his baggage and I am sure in time I will learn more, but I know it isn’t the same as the other boys.  Even though the money wasn’t there, I know that it was the right choice. 

The right choice isn’t always the easy one, but his laughter makes it easy.


****If you would like to sponsor Paul, let me know.  He needs 3 sponsors, all at $50 a month.  That will pay for his food, school fees, medical care, counseling, and everything else that he needs.  He will write you letters and send photos, and all donations to LOT2545 are tax deductible.  Thanks for wanting to help change his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!