Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome home!

Good news!!!


 I made it back to Uganda safely and with all of my bags, that a miracle in itself!!! With the snow starting to come down in Chicago, I got worried I was never going to get to leave! My plane was first delayed an hour, which turned into almost 2 and a half. Thankfully my layover in Amsterdam was long enough that neither of the other 2 flights were effected.
 
When I finally got into the airport in Uganda, I saw 8 of the most amazing kids ever waiting to greet me. Edwin, one of the boys from the street programs, came running up to me immediately to say hello and help me with my bags. The other boys soon followed and it was the best welcome home ever.
 
It feels so good to be back in Uganda, with the kids I love so much so close. But there is still a lot to do. I only have until the end of this month to move them into a different house, so I still need everyone’s help to help make that happen. If you haven't yet, check out the campaign on Indie GoGo and give whatever you can and continue sharing it with everyone you know and encourage them to give also.

Thanks for the support! New pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your home! I put your indiegogo thing on my facebook and am going to keep doing it to see if people are interested in donating, love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!