Tuesday, January 3, 2012

10 days!!!!

Ten days from today, I will be boarding an airplane back to Uganda.  I will be on my way to see the kids that I love so much, to see my precious puppy (ok not really puppy, but still precious), my ill mannered cat, and very dear friends.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

This time home has been rough.  Much more difficult than I expected it to be.  Things are different now and I don't always get what is going on here.  I know I wasn't in Uganda for that long, but it has definitely changed my world view. 

I think one of the toughest things that I have had to deal with is wanting to be back in Uganda and not being able to be.  I have been impatient and at times running in circles trying to get back.  I wanted it to be in my own time, and forgot that it will be in God's time.

A few Sundays back, I was at church and I felt like the pastor was speaking just to me.  He said something like, "If things aren't working how you want them to, you should consider that God doesn't want it to happen now.  Maybe, there are still lessons that you need to learn in order for you to be successful at what you are supposed to be doing."

Oh....

I wanted to be back in Uganda a long time ago and even now that I am going only for a short time, I just realized there were still lessons to be learned.  I have learned so much in these 4 months home, especially the last month.  Had I left for Uganda when I wanted, I probably wouldn't have learned these things.

I know that God wants these kids off the street and that He wants me in Uganda.  I just needed to wait on Him.  I am happy that I am going back, even if it is just for a short time, and I am confident that if He brings me back to the US at the end of the trip, it is because there is something else that I need to learn.  I am now waiting patiently for the day when He says I can be back in Uganda for good!

If you haven't checked out the fundraising campaign on Indie GoGo, please do so, give whatever you can (no amount is too small to make a difference), and share it with everyone you know. 

Thanks for everyone's continued support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!