Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One year ago

Almost exactly one year ago, I wrote this post.

On May 30th, he found his forever home.

The boy I knew as Brian, his actual name is Joseph, is now home.

The picture was taken when he was still on the streets, but who could resist that smile?

When I first met Joseph, I thought he hated me.  He wouldn't look at me, speak to me, or even acknowledge that I existed.  And then one day, by the grace of God, we were best friends.

He loves dogs so much, but unfortunately they always attack him.  He always seems to get bit by them.  But he loves them anyway.  I have had to take him to the hospital for rabies shots and antibiotics.  He has had wounds on his legs from the bites, but it never stops him from loving them.

When I left in September, it was my good bye to him that was the most difficult.  I remember getting on the boda and riding away and looking back at him.  We were both on the verge of tears.  I don't know about him, but I did cry. 

Now he is home.  He is safe.  I don't have to worry about him being on the streets anymore. 

It was another dog bite that pushed me to take another leap of faith.  He was out collecting scrap and got attacked again.  So I jumped again, and prayed that God would provide.  And like the ever faithful God that he is, he has.  There always seems to be enough.  Just enough. 

I am excited that Joseph is home.  He has started primary 2 and I only see good things for his future.  All he needed was a chance...




1 comment:

  1. Josephs in your home?!!!! THATS AMAZING AND WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I LOVE THAT BOY SO MIUCH! YOU JUST MADE MY WEEK! Thank you so much Amanda for being thanful to His call on your life and by helping so many!

    God bless

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!