Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 3-Brian

Today was day 3.  At one point during the day, I thought I wasn't going to make it...but I did.  Today was actually the first day that after finally eating, my stomach didn't hurt so bad.  The past 2 days, after I ate my stomach was very unhappy, which you think it wouldn't be.


The absolutely amazing thing of today was a boy named Brian.  Normally, he is a bundle of anger ALL the time.  If you talk to him, he acts like you are not and will rarely respond.  If he does, it is a mumble.  He is always dirty and refuses to bathe or let us cut his hair.  I have never really seen him hanging out with any of the other boys.  He had a dog that it was obvious he loved and it followed him everywhere, but it died.  So now it is just him.  


Today I was walking back from the soccer field and I looked behind me and there was Brian.  I greeted him and he actually answered.  AND THEN he even asked me how I was!  As if that wasn't shocking enough, after I asked him if he was playing soccer, he grabbed my hand and held it as we were walking.  NEVER in a million, qazillion years did I ever expect that to happen.  I think I almost fell over.  He held my hand all the way back to the church and then went to sit down.  When I told the other aunt what happened, she jokingly told me she felt like our work was done. After everyone ate, she asked if we could cut his hair and he actually agreed! He looked so clean and so smart and so cute afterwards. 


I could say that I don't know what made him change, but I do.  While we are patiently waiting for a solution, God is giving us so many reasons to not lose hope. Today, Brian is the reason. With God anything is possible and I know soon these boys will not have to scatter around the city to sleep in fields, drainage pipes, and verandas. 


God is good all the time.  And all the time God is good.  And He loves these kids so much.  And He hears our prayers and answers them.  John 14:14 "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."


Please continue to pray for these boys with me!

Brian is the boy on the left wearing the hat.


**If you are interested in supporting me and my mission/work here (everything helps!) you can give online at www.globaltrainingnetwork.org and all donations are tax-deductible, just go to the support tab and preference my ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!