Friday, June 24, 2011

God is good

About 5 months ago, I dropped my wallet when getting out of a taxi.  It caused so many headaches and phone calls to Chase.  I was continually frustrated because I could not get a bank card and it was causing such difficulties trying to get money; people had to wire, I had to transfer, it was a mess.  Finally, about a month ago, I got my bank card.

When I take a boda from the house, 8 out of 10 times, I take the same guy.  He is nice, knows all the places I want to go, and doesn't over charge me so much.  Yesterday, when I got off a boda at my street and was walking towards the house, my normal boda driver walked up to me.  He asked me if I lost my documents. I was so shocked and told him yeah but it was a really long time ago.  He was surprised by that also.  He pulled out of his pocket my driver's license and bank card.  He told me he had found them while driving.  5 months later, my stuff shows up.  Incredible...

After the initial annoyance that this is my life right now (I had just gotten back from fighting to shut a door that absolutely refused at the women's program and was super annoyed.) I realized how amazing it really was.  Where my things were for the last 5 months, I don't know, but they are safe now.

God continues to amaze and surprise me here.  Things I thought were impossible, He has done.  The other day, I was telling a friend I hadn't talked to in a while all the ways God is working here.  It is pretty amazing.

Last night I visited the same house I do every Thursday.  I arrived late and found the boys already in devotions, leading themselves.  They continue to amaze me.  Sometimes it is easy to think that the kids just pray or read the Bible because we are around, but it is totally not the case with these kids.  They really believe and really worship, without being forced or supervised.

I told my friend about Ronald.  How he has started to come to the programs and he even let me treat his wound the other day.  It was a big scratch but it definitely didn't require serious attention.  He came over and sat and waited for me to treat it and even said thank you.  He is an amazing kid and I am so happy he is coming closer.  God heard my prayers to bring him close and he answered them.  An uncle told me that he has been on the streets a long time and works so hard because he refuses to steal.  Ronald is always working and that was why he usually didn't come to programs.  But now he is around and I know great things are going to happen.

Yesterday the church partnered with another organization and came and did HIV testing.  I was really afraid for some of the boys but all the boys tested (most got tested but some are afraid of needles and refused and some weren't around) were negative...including mine :-).


Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26


**If you are interested in supporting me and my mission/work here (everything helps!) you can give online at www.globaltrainingnetwork.org and all donations are tax-deductible, just go to the support tab and preference my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!