Friday, November 16, 2012

Light Gives Heat

Since the holiday season is quickly approaching, soon we are all going to be consumed with finding the perfect gift for everyone we know.  This holiday season, I challenge you to find gifts that are beautiful and wonderful but also that give back.  There are so many great companies out there that make great gifts and also pay their workers fair wages, have safe work environments, and are really making a difference in the communities where they work.

One of my favorite new(to me) companies is Light Gives Heat, www.lightgivesheat.org.  They work in Uganda and are doing amazing things with women in Jinja.  They employ around ninety women making beautiful jewelry and bags.  


Check out this video about them,

LGH: WHO WE ARE from Light Gives Heat on Vimeo.

then go to their website and get a really cool gift for someone.  You won't be disappointed and you will be making a difference!

Some of my favs

 
I actually have this one and get compliments on it every time I wear it.  A woman even asked me to take it off so she could feel it because she couldn't believe it was paper!



Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!